Cosmetic Industry Information to Benefit You!
Margarita Sidorova, an entrepreneur and innovator, is establishing a Canadian Cosmetic Cluster to unite the Canadian cosmetic industry and to help SME’s develop new cosmetic innovations. Her biggest priority, said Margarita, “is to have more Canadian cosmetic companies go global.”
What is a Cluster? The success of a region within the cosmetics industry is not determined by the success of an individual company, but by the cumulative success of all the companies within that region. The cluster is a triple helix of collaboration between academia, industry, and government. The purpose of the collaboration is to give small and medium-sized companies a chance to gain resources and technological “know-how” to succeed in the industry. Other Cluster benefits Include:
• Increased productivity: easier access to information and resources for product development
• Faster innovation: collaboration in research and development
• New business support and formation
• Access to local resources such as fresh raw materials (mining, agricultural and chemical distributors)
Image 1. Cluster Helix
In October 2018, Margarita attended the 3rd annual Cosmetic Clusters International Rendez-vous. Cosmetics Clusters Rendez-vous is a one-day event for discussions and B2B meetings between international clusters of the entire cosmetic value chain. Cosmetics Clusters Rendez-vous is organized by Cosmetic Valley in partnership with France Clusters and takes place in Paris within the framework of the Cosmetic 360 International Fair. This year it hosted 60 participants from 26 organizations representing 17 countries. Presentations included worldwide cosmetics market trends as well as an international panorama of expertise along the cosmetics value chain.
The CCIN and Cosmetic Valley France are the international beauty cluster founding groups and lead the global industry in cosmetic development and innovation. The partnerships Margarita Sidorova is developing with these organizations can help us to connect Canadian cosmetics companies to the Global cosmetic industry.
The primary activities Margarita is planning to promote her Canadian Cluster for the next year will include:
1. Develop a series of workshops on cosmetic careers, cosmetic business development, and related cosmetic industry topics;
2. Scope the development of a Cosmetic Innovation Center. This center would create a partnership with local academic and industry professionals to help SME’s and students develop innovations in cosmetic formulation and packaging.
3. Work with Quebec International to create the Canadian Cosmetic Pavilion for the Cosmetic 360 Show in 2019. Cosmetic 360 is an international trade fair for innovative ideas and solutions in the fragrance and cosmetics industry. The fifth edition of the show will be held on October 16-17, 2019 at Carrousel du Louvre in Paris.
4. Actively engage in welcoming inbound cosmetic trade missions.
The Canadian Cosmetic Cluster will welcome all Cosmetics Alliance Canada members and will begin Cluster events in January 2019. Stay tuned for more information at www.canadiancosmeticcluster.com
Canadian Cosmetic Cluster Team
Uniting Canadian Cosmetics and Bringing it to the World